Tanzu Observability by Wavefront continuously adds new integrations to the existing set, and improves available integrations. We update our complete list of all integrations each time we add new integrations.
We made improvements to the following integrations in September 2022:
- vSphere – Made fixes to the Cluster dashboard. Updated the cluster variable to all charts in the Virtual Machine Operations for a Data Center - 1 Hour section.
- Elasticsearch – Made a fix to the query of the chart that displays the number of nodes, and updated the descriptions of charts.
- Microsoft SQL Server – Added proxy preprocessor rules in the Microsoft SQL Server setup instructions to avoid database read/write metrics getting dropped because of an extra quote (“) in a few point-tag keys.
- Wavefront Usage – Made minor updates to the Overview tab of the integration. The link to the Wavefront service internal metrics is corrected.
- Slack – Updated the setup instructions and added information on how to troubleshoot the Slack URL Unfurler.
- Cassandra – We updated the integration and now you can monitor Cassandra on Kubernetes.
- Tanzu Application Service – We added three new dashboards for monitoring TAS services:
- MySQL – Provides detailed metrics about TAS MySQL service instances.
- RabbitMQ – Provides detailed metrics about TAS RabbitMQ service instances.
- Redis – Provides detailed metrics about TAS Redis service instances.
- Terraform Provider:
- Upgraded the Terraform-plugin-sdk/v2 from version 2.6.1 to version 2.21.0 because of security vulnerability fix.
- Upgraded the
gopackage from version 1.16 to version 1.17 because of security vulnerability fix.
- We now use an email address instead of an id for the
- Tesla – We removed this integration and it is no longer available.
We added the following integration in August 2022:
VMware Tanzu Greenplum:
VMware Tanzu Greenplum is a massively parallel processing (MPP) database server that supports next generation data warehousing and large-scale analytics processing. This integration installs and configures Telegraf to send system and query metrics into Tanzu Observability by Wavefront.
We made improvements to the following integrations in August 2022:
- Amazon Web Services – We added a new Amazon FSx out-of-the-box integration dashboard, so now you can monitor the Amazon FSx service.
- Prometheus – Made improvements to the setup instructions.
- Google Cloud Platform – We added a new Google Dataproc out-of-the-box integration dashboard, so now you can monitor the Google Dataproc service.
- Cassandra – Made improvements to the Cassandra integration overview and setup instructions. Improved the Cassandra out-of-the-box integration dashboard.
- Spring Cloud Data Flow – Updated the latest document links on the Overview page.
- MySQL – We provided descriptions of approximately 1000 metrics. You can see the metrics and their descriptions on the Metrics tab of the MySQL integration.
- Added a new Java Using Telegraf out-of-the-box dashboard that allows you to collect and monitor JVM metrics by using the Telegraf Jolokia2 Agent plugin.
- Added two system alerts that fire when the heap memory usage and the memory usage by the G1 old generation are too high.
We made improvements to the following integrations in July 2022:
- Tanzu Application Service
- Support for use of v3 Wavefront Service Broker.
- New TAS: Nozzle Troubleshooting dashboard helps you investigate problems with the Nozzle.
- General security fixes.
- Minor updates to the TAS: Certification Expiration and TAS: Workload Monitoring dashboards.
- Google Cloud Platform – Added a Google Cloud Bigtable out-of-the-box dashboard which allows you to monitor the Google Cloud Bigtable service.
- Microsoft Azure – Made fixes to the Azure Cosmos DB dashboard to avoid showing the NO DATA message on single-stat charts.
- Fluentd – Improved the Fluentd dashboard and added two new sections to the dashboard: Buffer and Fluentd Statistics.
- Wavefront Usage – Made some fixes and standardized the Wavefront Service and Proxy Data dashboard.
- Kubernetes – Improved the Wavefront Collector for Kubernetes Metrics dashboard to show correctly whether the desired number of Collector instances are ready.
We made improvements to the following integrations in June 2022:
Tanzu Application Service:
- The Tanzu Application Service (Beta) integration is now renamed to Tanzu Application Service. It supports TAS v 2.11 and later.
- We added a new TAS: Nozzle Troubleshooting dashboard that allows you to monitor the metrics coming from the Wavefront Nozzle.
- The Tanzu Application Service integration that supports TAS v2.9 and v2.10 is now moved to the Archived section.
- Fixed issues with the TAS: RabbitMQ dashboard in the archived version of the integration.
- Updated the vSphere setup documentation with best practices for metric collection and information about enabling custom attributes. See VMware vSphere Integration Details.
- Made many fixes to dashboards and charts. For example, now they list hosts which are not in clusters.
- Updated the names of a number of virtual machine charts in the vSphere Summary dashboard.
Consul – Updated the setup steps and the out-of-the-box dashboard to support both Cloud-Managed and Self-Managed Consul nodes.
- Google Cloud Platform – Added the list of metrics and metric descriptions for a number of services:
- Google Cloud Billing
- Google Cloud Spanner
- Google Cloud Logging
- Kubernetes Engine Metrics
- Google ML Engine
- To enhance authentication security, we updated the setup steps of the integration. Now, to register Snowflake, you have to provide a private key.
- We improved the setup instructions with information on how to generate the public and private keys and give Tanzu Observability access to your Snowflake account.
- Improved the Snowflake Summary dashboard and included charts for warehouse load monitoring.
- You can now fetch metrics from Jenkins Prometheus with an authorized user instead of anonymous user.
- We improved the setup instructions with information on how to enable a Prometheus endpoint.
- Wavefront Usage – Updated the dashboard descriptions and made fixes to alerts.
We made improvements to the following integrations in May 2022:
- Improved the readability of the point tags and addressed an issue with duplicate metrics.
- Updated the setup instructions. When you generate the API token, you should select not only Read metrics (metrics.read), but also the Read entities (entities.read) token scope.
Fluentd – Updated the Fluentd integration and now you can monitor Fluentd on Kubernetes.
PostgreSQL – Updated the setup instructions and configuration with new extensions to monitor the database.
- TAS Beta:
- We made improvements to the TAS Beta dashboards.
- We have added a number of alerts. These alerts come from an older version of the integration and are not fully supported yet.
- Added new Kubernetes control plane alerts: K8s control plane API Server SLO, K8s control plane CoreDNS SLO, and K8s control plane etcd SLO.
- The Kubernetes Control Plane dashboard now uses a new metrics prefix:
We updated the metrics descriptions for the following list of integrations:
- Apache HTTP
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Solr
- Apache Spark
- Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Windows Service
We made improvements to the following integration in April 2022:
- Amazon Web Services – We updated the format of CloudWatch instance and volume allow lists to JSON format. When you register a new CloudWatch integration or edit an existing one, you can add instances and volumes to allow lists. The format of the tag lists should be in JSON format, for example
We added the following integration in March 2022:
VMware Blockchain is an enterprise-grade blockchain platform that enables multi-party workflows. This integration is developed and created by the community and falls into to the Community Integrations section of the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Integrations page. We do not validate the community integrations and they are not fully supported by the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront team.
We made improvements to the following integrations in March 2022:
- Kubernetes Integration
- Wavefront Usage
- Added two new system dashboards to the integration: Committed rate vs Monthly Usage (PPS P95) Billable and Usage vs Remaining Balance (PPS P95) Burndown.
- Added three new system alerts: Percentage of Usage Scanned, Percentage of Usage Ingested, and Remaining Balance.
- Tanzu Application Service – Updates to the descriptions of the alerts and the setup instructions.
- Tanzu Application Service (Beta) – Updated the query metrics in the Ops Manager Health dashboard.
- VMware Tanzu GemFire:
- Updated the GemFire for VMs dashboard and now it is forward compatible with GemFire for VMs 1.15 and later.
- Added a list of alerts, such as Low Server Count, Low Locator Count, High CPU Utilization, and High Disk Utilization for all supported VMware Tanzu GemFire editions: VMware Tanzu GemFire for Kubernetes, VMware Tanzu GemFire (Standalone), and VMware Tanzu GemFire for VMs.
- Istio (Archived) – We removed this archived integration, and it is no longer available.
We made minor bug fixes and improvements to the following list of integrations:
- Amazon Web Services
We added the following integrations in February 2022:
Tanzu Application Service (Beta)
This integration uses VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Nozzle v4 and offers TAS data egress, dashboards, and alerting. This is a beta product and is not feature complete - more dashboards and alerting to come.
This integration collects the metrics from a Dynatrace SaaS environment and sends them to Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. The on-premises Dynatrace integration is moved to the Archived section.
Made improvements to the following integrations and dashboards in February 2022:
- Microsoft Azure:
- Updated the Overview tab with a new section named Metrics Information. You can now see a list with links to the Microsoft Azure documentation, which show you the metrics that we’ll be collecting once you set up the integration.
- Now includes an Alerts tab with predefined alerts.
- Ceph – Updated the Ceph integration and now you can monitor Ceph on Kubernetes.
- Amazon Web Services:
- Updated the Overview tab of the integration. You can now see a list with links to the Amazon Web Services documentation, which show you the metrics that we’ll be collected once you set up the integration.
- Now includes an Alerts tab with predefined alerts.
- Google Cloud Platform – Added a new out-of-the-box dashboard to monitor the Google Cloud Apigee service.
We added the following integrations in January 2022:
You can use the Snowflake integration to monitor a Snowflake database and the ACCOUNT_USAGE schema.
You can monitor the Velero backup and restore solution. This integration is developed and created by the community and falls into to the Community Integrations section of the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Integrations page. We do not validate the community integrations and they are not fully supported by the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront team.
Made improvements to the following integrations and dashboards in January 2022:
- OpenShift – Updated the Kubernetes OpenShift integration to use the newly certified helm chart.
- etcd – Updated the etcd integration with out-of-the-box dashboards to monitor etcd on Kubernetes.
- VMware Tanzu GemFire – Updated the VMware Tanzu GemFire integration with a new GemFire for VMs dashboard.
- Tanzu Application Service – Updated the queries of some of the Tanzu Application Service alerts:
- TAS Cloud Controller and Diego Not in Sync
- TAS Locks Held by Auctioneer
- TAS Locks Held by BBS
All 2019 - 2021 Integrations Release Notes
We have separate pages for: