VMware Tanzu Mission Control provides a centralized management platform for consistently operating and securing your Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications across multiple teams and clouds.
You can set up seamless authentication from Tanzu Mission Control to VMware Aria Operations for Applications (formerly known as Tanzu Observability by Wavefront) from the Tanzu Mission Control console. Follow these high-level steps:
- In the VMware Aria Operations for Applications GUI, generate an API token (discussed below).
- From the Tanzu Mission Control console, create a credential and paste the token into the credential.
Generate an API Token for Tanzu Mission Control
- Log in to your service instance as a user with the Accounts permission.
- Click the gear icon in the top right of the toolbar, select Accounts, and provide your password again when prompted.
- Click Service Accounts and click Create New Account.
- Specify the service account name, select the Proxies and Integrations permissions, and click Create.
- Select the newly created token and click the Copy to Clipboard icon in the Tokens row. You can now paste this token into the Credentials field inside Tanzu Mission Control.